After two great trips to Memphis (the most recent of which culminated with our first Batch Memphis shipment), our team has found a lot to love about the city. And with a culinary roundup like this, we look forward to many more visits as we ship great Memphis goods around the U.S.
- Hog and Hominy was at the top of our list. Fresh food and creative cocktails fill the menu, while friendly, quick, and helpful service make you feel at home. If you're in Bluff City, make sure you stop in for dinner.
- After a full day of packing, our team fueled up at Germantown Commissary. For comfort food that can get you through a long day (or any day), a quick stop here will hit the spot.
- During a long day of meetings and introductions (thanks to our awesome friends at the Greater Memphis Chamber of Commerce), we made a lunch stop at Alcenias, which is one of the smartest decisions we've made in years. What is the best fried chicken we've ever had was only topped by the kindness and warmth coming from the kitchen, courtesy of BJ and her team.
- We were also introduced to Lunchbox Eats on one trip. A clever school cafeteria theme is a great backdrop for food that is way better than what you had back in your elementary days.
- When we announced our launch into Memphis, we rounded up local makers and creators for a drink at Local Gastropub. They have food, too, which we hear is awesome.
- We ended the night once in what has to be the world's largest living room over at the Peabody Hotel. Sitting in the middle of such an iconic Memphis institution made the nightcaps taste even better.
- Stopping in more than once, Otherlands Coffee Bar has served as a great meeting place and caffeine supplier. Spacious and easy to get to, this is our office away from our office.
So what about the great goods and makers we've found? Patience, my friend. Next week, we'll unveil who was in our first Memphis Batch, as well as how you can get your hands on some of their delightful creations.
(And, our next trip and shipping date coincides with a Grizzlies game. We hear that's where the action is.)