Hit gifts for hit songwriters... and their publishers.
Following the record-breaking release of her three award-winning albums in a single year, the National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) chose to honor Taylor Swift with its Songwriter Icon Award. Yes, THAT Taylor Swift. And how do we celebrate this legendary achievement from this legendary artist? Well, the NMPA came to Batch, of course.
“Taylor Swift has had an unprecedented year of success. She gave the world incredible songwriting when they needed it most and she continues to rewrite the rulebook when it comes to her career. She has always identified as a songwriter first, and in doing so inspired and elevated countless other creators. Her advocacy has lifted the entire creative community, and she has done it at great cost and risk to her own career. The risks paid off, not just for her but for our entire industry, and there is no one more deserving of our Icon award.” - NMPA President and CEO, David Israelite
The NMPA wanted to select products that payed homage to Taylor Swift, Keynote Speaker Bill Simmons, and President's Award honoree Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY). In order to capture the spirit of these diverse recipients, we sourced small business products from Boston, New York, and beyond. Here's what we curated:
- Rewind Champagne Large Gold Bowl Candle (for the song "Champagne Problems" from Evermore)
- A collection of Boston snacks to commemorate Bill Simmons's hometown, Boston
- McCrea's Candies Assorted Caramels
- Pop i.Q. Kettle Organic Air Popped Sorghum Grain (x2!)
- Lark Fine Foods Burnt Sugar Shortbread
- Compartes Chocolate Coney Island Waffle Chocolate Bar (to honor Jerry Nadler's home state)
We then added a few client provided items, in order to give it a little "NMPA" flair.
- NMPA branded Corksicle water bottle (some folks received a Yeti)
- Country Music: An Illustrated History by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns
- Custom "Meet the Makers" insert explaining each of the products
- Custom branded letter to recipients
And now we're ready to party like it's 1989. Here's what the finished box looked like:
Finally, the NMPA chose to have their boxes gift-wrapped with blue, white, and black ribbon, which aesthetically ties the whole gift together. And shout out to our local friends at Music City Creative, who helped custom print the NMPA logo on the boxes.
And much like the honoree of this prestigious award, our delivery was swift. Once all of our products arrived, we were able to pack, wrap, and ship the NMPA order in less than a day.
It was a pleasure working with you. I hope we can do it again. - Kartraice Hooper, NMPA