Olive Oil - Enjoy our classic, original cracker straight out of the box or arranged on a charcuterie board to add texture to contrast cheeses, cured meats and fruit.
Sesame & Olive Oil - What could be a better vessels for hummus than our sesame seed crackers? This crispy cracker with its hint of nuttiness, goes perfectly with salads or can add diversity to your bread basket.
Rosemary & Olive Oil - The savory, piney flavor of this cracker delivers a delightful crunch and goes perfect with Chevre and a dab of fig preserves, or a soft-ripened brie style cheese.
Clark and Ana Mitchell never planned on becoming the “Cracker People of Asheville" when they moved to the mountains of North Carolina, in March of 2010. After selling their New Jersey restaurant, The Twisted Tree Café in Asbury Park, they moved to Asheville intending to open another café. Needing a little downtime between restaurants, they decided to bring their baked goods to local farm markets, thinking it would be a great way to introduce their products and themselves to the community. Within a month of moving to town, their home kitchen was certified. They began to bake and were soon actively selling baked goods and breads at local tailgate markets. Always thinking of new and fun goods for markets, they experimented one morning and made a batch of crackers. Later that day, they brought them to the market and they immediately sold out! The very first test batch sealed their fate. Restaurant idea out, crackers, in.
Roots & Branches Crackers were so well received, Clark and Ana began wholesaling them locally. Before they knew it, their little 2-bedroom bungalow became a “cracker factory". Furniture was moved into storage and their only living space was the bedroom. The tiny kitchen housed a large commercial mixer and 3 convection ovens stacked in a corner. The spare bedroom was turned into a pantry, while the dining and living room decor now consisted of large butcher block tables and sheet racks. They used every inch of the house possible and by the summer of 2011, they were bursting at the seams.
Clark and Ana fell in love with making crackers and realized if they were going to continue, the “cracker house” needed to become a real “cracker factory.” By the end of 2011, they had moved the bakery out of the house, the furniture back in and opened their current commercial kitchen, located in Black Mountain.
- Gift Details
- Bulk Orders
- Shipping Policies
We'll include a handwritten note inside of each gift free of charge.
Premium Gift Batches are shipped for free, hand packed in a kraft gift box filled with ivory gift crinkle paper inside custom Batch tissue paper and sealed with a custom sticker. Premium Gift Batches also include seasonal gift ribbon wrap and are shipped in an outer carton for added protection and spotless presentation.
SubstitutionsWe always aim to send the products and flavors in the description and photo, but, occasionally, we’ll need to ship something slightly different than what you see listed here, but we promise it will be equally as delicious! If we are out of an item, our team will contact you to offer a replacement option.
Bulk Orders & High Volume Sales
Want to give more than 10 of these to clients, employees, friends, or prospects? No problem!
Any item or gift set on our website is available in high volume with a full range of customization available.
To get the conversation started, ask us a question in the chat box at the bottom right of this website, or click here and complete the form.
We look forward to working with you to make a lot of people very happy!
How We Get Ship Done
So, you're looking to order a Batch. Here's how your Batch is gonna get to where it needs to go. We have four delivery options, that YOU have the power to choose at checkout. That's a lot of power.
After you place your order, our team of passionate packers will process and pack within 2 days (usually less than that, even - our current average fulfillment time is less than 12 hours!). You'll receive an email shipping confirmation when it's ready to head out to its final destination.
1. I Want My Batch to be Shipped
Batch offers free standard ground shipping on all Premium curated gift batches. Additional charges apply when single items are added to the cart. Need it faster? Upgraded shipping is available at checkout. Or, keep reading to learn about local pickup in Nashville, TN.
- Free Gift Batch Shipping
- Comes with our Premium curated Batches
- Takes approximately 2-7 days after shipping
- Good for zen and thrifty gift gurus
- USPS Priority Mail® / UPS Ground - upgraded option
- Charges apply
- Arrival times vary, but an estimated transit time will appear at checkout
- Good for people sending a lot of chocolate in the middle of July or the birthday you almost forgot about
- UPS Next Day Air® - upgraded option
- Charges really apply
- Delivers next business day
- Good for "Oh god, I forgot their birthday is tomorrow"
Shipping Time Estimation
[ This map shows the outbound shipping transit times for packages leaving our Nashville warehouse based on USPS delivery windows ]
2. I Want My Batch to be Shipped, Internationally
- Batch ships to all U.S. islands and beyond--anywhere in the world we're (legally) allowed to ship.
- International shipping rates are provided by FedEx and start at $25/shipment.
3. I Want My Batch Hand Delivered Locally Near Nashville
- Only for our Nashville Neighbors within 15 miles of our Berry Hill warehouse
- $14.99 flat fee (or free on orders of more than $99!)
- Local, Contactless Delivery
- Please include your phone number at checkout so we can reach you if our carrier cannot deliver your package. Or so we can check in and see how your day is going.
4. I Want to Pickup My Batch From the Warehouse
- Free Local Pickup from Berry Hill warehouse location
- Available 9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Come by and see us (and by "us" we mean our sweet contactless pickup area)
[ photo credit: Emily April Allen, emdashphotos.com ]