Batch is growing. We are curators of locally made, artisanal goods. Batch’s mission is to highlight locally made goods and the people making them that define a sense of place. We exceed our customers' expectations and we pride ourselves on the relationships we make with our customers, purveyors, and community. Become a part of our team and commit to sharing the locally-made products and interesting stories.
Seasonal Retail Associate
Batch Nashville is seeking part-time sales associates to work in our award-winning Nashville Farmers' Market shop.
$12/hour / Part-time / 10-20 hours/week
This position is open now and candidates must be available at least one “peak shift”—either Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring these qualities and experiences:
- A knowledge and love of Nashville and locally made goods
- Flexible schedule, ability to work consistent weekend shifts
- Be available to work on both weekdays and weekends
- Strong work ethic, no task is too small or insignificant
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Retail or customer service experience preferred
- Effective communicator with customers and coworkers
- Personable, positive, passionate demeanor that seeks to warmly engage customers with about being annoying
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and selling skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the sales floor, back of the house inventory, gift wrap and point of sale
- Provide product and brand information to customers
- Approach tasks with a "Can-do" mentality and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively without supervision
- Approach customer service with a focus on building relationships with customers and making their lives better
- Assist in Operational Tasks, including Visual Merchandising/Store Presentation
- Meet and listen to customers, ask questions and attend to shoppers' needs
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
For consideration, please send your resume with detailed work experience and explanation of your unique qualifications to email@example.com. We will directly contact associates with appropriate experience.
Batch Nashville is seeking seasonal operations associates to work in our distribution warehouse.
Starting at $12/hour; full time (overtime possible) from November 4 - December 20, 2019.
Recurring and regular responsibilities:
- Preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Receiving and processing warehouse stock products
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Performing warehouse inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits
- Complete daily logs into inventory
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; sweep, dust and mop as needed. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Pay rate and benefits:
- Starting pay rate of $12/hour
- Performance bonus may be available
- Eligible for overtime (after 40 hours in a work week)
- Flu shot reimbursement program
For consideration, please send your resume with detailed work experience and explanation of your unique qualifications to sam@BatchUSA.com. We will directly contact associates with appropriate experience.